Robyn, age 17, will soon graduate high school among the top 5 students in her graduating class, and is indeed a blessing to her church family. Robyn began attending The Salvation Army as a young student (8) enrolled in the School of Music and Arts program; it is here that she found her love and gift of music! Robyn is a talented young lady who plays piano, trombone, guitar, and uses these gifts to worship the Lord.
Over the years Robyn had become more involved with the youth and divisional camping experience. Three years ago, Robyn expressed the desire to go to music conservatory camp. It was that summer and the months immediately following, when Robyn felt the Lord leading her to become a soldier in the corps. She literally fell in love with The Salvation Army, the music, the comradery, worship experience, the mission and ministry, and the new family she belonged too. In January 2015, Robyn completed the membership classes and was enrolled as a soldier.
Robyn’s humble and positive spirit is such an encouragement to all those who are around. She is a corps cadet and bandsmen, and participates in almost everything going on at the corps. (including, leading worship, leading kids praise, assisting in Sunday School, setting tables, helping with fund-raisers, welcoming guests, as well as leads the jr. band).
Since becoming a soldier and becoming a part of the divisional family, Robyn has blossomed into a young ambassador for The Salvation Army in our community, and through The Salvation Army has had many opportunities for new experiences.
· Shared her testimony in church
· Shared testimony at the corps’ advisory board meeting
· Spoke and shared testimony at the Women’s Auxiliary Annual Purse Auction fund-raiser
· Gave a presentation to her high school about The Salvation Army in our community….as her senior project
· She worked at Camp Paradise Valley and helped lead young campers to follow Christ.
· Represented the division at the Tournament of Roses Parade
· Won the African-American History Bowl for Brainerd High School and represented her school in the State/National competition in Orlando, FL.
· Kettle Kick-off (shared her testimony of how The Salvation Army angel tree helped her family when she was young)
· Occasionally leads worship in the corps and is a faithful bandsmen in the corps and in the divisional Paradise Brass band
· Has worked on the summer camp staff at Camp Paradise Valley last year and plans to do so again this summer.
· Was one of the two to be selected to represent the KT division in the Rose Bowl parade this year.
It is evident when you meet Robyn that she gets what it means to truly love the Lord. She understands her responsibility as a follower of Christ to live her out her faith in her every day life by showing God’s grace, mercy, and love to all she encounters. Even when things get tough, Christ’s presence in her life is always evident which has been a great example to us all in the KT division.
Submitted by Capt. Stephanie Mockabee